Presented by Sarina Rodriques, FACHE, MSH, CLS, MT(ASCP)DLM, Anthony Kurec, MS, H(ASCP)DLM, and Jennifer Dawson, MHA, LSSBB, CPHQ, DLM(ASCP)SLS, QLC, QIHC
This course presented by qualified faculty presenters serves as an intensive test prep course addressing all four components of the DLM exam. Topics of review include financial management, operations management, personnel management and quality management. Individuals with the ASCP Diplomate of Laboratory Management (DLM) Certification possess competent skills that enable them to effectively participate in administrative teams. Additionally, increasing the number of DLM certified individuals in the profession will bring recognition of their competencies and will elevate laboratory medicine as a whole.
- Articulate understanding of all four components of the DLM exam: financial management, operations management, personnel management, and quality management.
- Define key financial terms, topics, and definitions in preparation for taking the DLM exam.
- Describe how Strategic Planning, Method Validations, Laboratory Safety, Information Technology, Departmental Relations, Facilities Management, Communications, and Marketing contribute to developing a strong operational laboratory.
- Review personnel management that will include Recruitment & Hiring, Staffing & Scheduling, Personnel engagement, Performance assessment, Succession Planning, Education, Personnel Regulations, and Conflict Resolution.
1.0 Continuing Education Unit
Body of Knowledge Learning Domains
- Business and Clinical Operations
- Financial Management
- Professional Development
- $149 for Members
- $249 for Non-Members