Presented by Paul Epner, MEd, MBA, Principal, Paul Epner LLC
As reimbursement models shift from a “fee for service” model to a value-based bundled payment model, it will be essential that the clinical laboratory demonstrate its positive impact on the cost efficiency and clinical effectiveness of the healthsystem(s) it serves. This means shifting from a “factory-model” to a “healthcare provider” model. We will explore the nature of that shift and the evidence for its necessity. We will describe strategies and tools that facilitate becoming the healthsystems’ most valuable support area.
- Describe the difference between operational efficiency and clinical effectiveness as well as the relative importance of each.
- Describe how clinical laboratory medicine causes patient harm and the issues with its measurement
- Assess strategies that are appropriate for that attendee’s healthsystem that can drive increase value from the clinical laboratory
1.0 Continuing Education Unit
Body of Knowledge Learning Domains
- Business and Clinical Operations
- Free for Professional Plus, Developing Professional, and Student Members
- $29 for Professional Members
- $49 for Non-Members