This presentation is meant to demonstrate how manufacturing and LEAN Six-Sigma tools/methodologies can be applied in clinical testing laboratories. Deploying these tools will help decrease the cost-of-poor-quality, increase operational efficiency and facilitate moving the company culture in a continuous improvement state-of-mind. The conceptual approach to leveraging LIS technology and integrating metric collection in the laboratory represents the (very near) future of laboratory operations data analytics standards.
- Demonstrating knowledge that clinical laboratories are similar to businesses that dwell in the manufacturing world from an operational perspective. Those companies deploy tools that give the health and pulse of the operations at any given moment and give forecasts of performance.
- Describe common tools that are used in LEAN Six-Sigma can be expounded upon and made better by creating depth thereby eliminating their one-dimensional viewpoint and making them much more useful.
- Articulate why operational transparency is key to continuous improvement
1.0 Continuing Education Unit
Body of Knowledge Learning Domains
- Business and Clinical Operations
- Free for Professional Plus, Developing Professional, and Student Members
- $29 for Professional Members
- $49 for Non-Members