Presented by Steve Finch, MHA, RN
Hospital laboratory outreach programs have existed for many years and are designed to turn unused analytical capacity into additional revenue, leverage the hospital’s community brand and provide continuity of care for patients and providers. Successful outreach programs demonstrate well-coordinated logistics, customer service, revenue cycle processes and robust information technology platforms. Organizational awareness and executive level support are critical to ensure the success of an outreach program.
In an unprecedented era of declining reimbursement, hospital laboratory outreach programs can still be profitable, deliver value and play a vital role in the health care continuum. This presentation will review the key elements of infrastructure necessary to compete in today’s outreach market. Opportunities to maximize the contribution margin of laboratory services and reduce operating costs will be discussed. Finally, tactics to navigate the numerous challenges facing outreach laboratories today will be explored.
- Identify the key infrastructure components of a laboratory outreach program
- Explore opportunities to enhance revenue and reduce costs
- Learn strategies to overcome challenges associated with operating a laboratory outreach program in a complex health care environment
1.0 Continuing Education Unit
Body of Knowledge Learning Domains
- Business and Clinical Operations
- Strategic Planning and Marketing
- Quality Management for Patient Safety
- Free for Professional Plus, Developing Professional, Professional and Student Members
- $29 for Professional Members
- $49 for Non-Members