Chapter Event CEU Approval Process
Planning an event and want to provide CEU credit to your attendees? CLMA Headquarters can assist your Chapter to provide your event attendees with CEU credits for ASCP CLME Credit only. CLMA does not process P.A.C.E. CEU credits for CLMA chapter events. Any CLMA chapter wishing to provide P.A.C.E. credit must submit an application directly through Andrea Hickey, Coordinator for P.A.C.E. and Membership Services. To review a webinar recording of the P.A.C.E. CEU application process, click here to watch a webinar recording. Please visit the P.A.C.E. website for more information.
CLMA CEU Application Requirements
- CEU applications for ASCP CLME credit must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event. Applications submitted less than 30 days prior to a chapter event may not be processed prior to the event.
- CEU approval is subject to full completion of ASCP requirements, submitted in the CEU application to CLMA. Applications that are incomplete will not be approved.
- Once your application for ASCP is received, CLMA requires two weeks to process a chapter event application. An email confirmation of receipt of the application will be sent to the chapter leader who submitted the application, followed by an email confirmation of approval of the application.
- Attendance lists must be sent to CLMA headquarters within two weeks of the close of the event. It is important to note that without these attendance sheets, CLMA cannot grant full CEU approval for a chapter event. All CEU certificates are generated upon proof of attendance lists from the chapter event contact. A final confirmation email will be sent to the chapter event contact with an event survey link containing the CEU certificate to distribute to the event attendees. Attendees must complete this survey in order to print their CEU certificates.
CLMA CEU Application Resources
- Download the Chapter Event CEU Application for ASCP CLME credit here.
- Download the attendance tracking template here.
Chapter Use of CLMA Education on Demand and Live Webinars
CLMA Chapters are invited to present Education on Demand and Live Webinars at their chapter events with the purchase of the products at a group rate of $125 through CLMA's Online Store. If the chapter event is being held at multiple locations, one product must be purchased at the group rate per location. Chapters wishing to purchase and present Education on Demand and Live Webinars at their chapter events must notify CLMA Headquarters 30 days in advance of the educational program.
Claiming CE Credit for Attendees
Chapter event attendees who wish to claim CE credit for viewing any recording or live webinar during the event will purchase a "CE-Only" version of each recording or live webinar in CLMA's Online Store for $15*. This will give the attendees access to the quiz, evaluation, and personalized CE certificate through CLMA's eLearning Center. Chapters have the option to cover the $15 per viewer CE fee for their event attendees by sending in an attendance sheet (name and email) of those wishing to claim their CE credit with a check covering the total cost for the attendees. The chapter event contact will then be provided with a discount code to distribute to their event attendees to purchase the "CE-Only" product(s) for $0 in CLMA's Online Store. If a CLMA Chapter wishes to cover the cost of CE's for their attendees, we suggest building the $15 fee into your chapter event registration fee.
The CLMA Headquarters staff is available to answer any questions regarding the CEU approval process and/or the use of CLMA education at chapter events. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com, or 312-321-5111.
*The $15 per viewer CE fee is to cover the per-person cost to CLMA of being a provider of CE credit.