Committees and Leaders
The Executive committee is comprised of CLMA Officers and Council Chairs. Their goal is to promote and facilitate the fulfillment of the objectives of the Board of Directors. They call special meetings as necessary, and can transact the business of the association if needed.
Finance, Audit and Administration Committee
The Finance, Audit and Administration committee approves CLMA’s operating and capital budgets on an annual basis. They monitor the CLMA budget periodically as needed; maximize financial stability of the association; oversee the work of an external auditor from a registered public accounting firm; make recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors when action is needed to improve budget performance; assist the Board of Directors and Secretary/Treasurer in developing financial policies and investment strategies and prepare an annual report to the Board of Directors on the status of the financial statements, external audit results, and policy recommendations
Council on Professional Development
Council Chair:Christy Nickel
Council Vice-Chair: Kathy Inglis
KnowledgeLab Program Committee
The KnowledgeLab Program Committee identifies relevant, diverse and cutting-edge topics and associated speakers to include within the KnowledgeLab schedule of events to meet the educational needs of the CLMA membership and conference attendees. This committee also helps plan other programming that takes place during the conference to ensure KnowledgeLab meets the networking and general professional development needs of attendees.
Committee Chair: Jason Majorowicz
Committee Vice-Chair: Sandra Jameson
Education Advisory Resource Committee
The Education Advisory Resource (EAR) committee is a group of volunteers, guided by the CLMA staff, who strategize initiatives, guide best practices, and serve as ambassadors in line with CLMA's strategic plan objective on education. Advisory council members are visionaries, thought-leaders, strategizers, and ambassadors that come from CLMA’s many constituencies. The EAR committee is responsible for maintaining and updating the enduring and ongoing educational resources for CLMA members. This includes but is not limited to: live webinars, recorded offerings, and assessing education offered through the Body of Knowledge.
Committee Chair: Penny Ogilvie
Editorial Advisory Committee
The Editorial Advisory Committee ensures that the Clinical Leadership and Management Review (CLMR) reflects CLMA’s strategic vision for laboratory leaders and supports CLMA’s membership in their roles as laboratory managers. The Editorial Advisory Committee is responsible for CLMR’s editorial calendar and content, and makes recommendations around design and technology as related to delivery of the CLMR.
Committee Chair: Tony Kurec
Council on Advocacy & External Relations
Council Chair: Michele Best
Council Vice-Chair: Ron Purkapile
Legislative, Compliance and Regulatory Committee
The Legislative, Compliance and Regulatory Committee (LCRC) informs and educates CLMA members regarding federal, regulatory, compliance and reimbursement issues, and advocate on behalf of CLMA members to national organizations, federal agencies and regulators. The LCRC:
- Monitors federal legislative, regulatory, compliance and reimbursement issues.
- Provides education and tools for CLMA members to engage in grassroots advocacy.
- Comments on proposed legislations and regulations.
- Provides ongoing education around federal, regulatory, compliance and reimbursement issues through, but not limited to: KnowledgeLab, Webinars, CLMA Publications, the CLMA website and CLMA member communications.
- Represents CLMA at the Pathology Coding Caucus (PCC) and maintain relationships with other applicable laboratory and healthcare coalitions and organizations.
- Represents CLMA at the ASCLS (The American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science) Annual Legislative Symposium and encourage attendance within CLMA membership.
- Monitors the CLMA Strategic Plan objective on Advocacy and oversee implementation.
Committee Chair: Mike Hiltunen
Committee Vice-Chair: Diane Cicchini
Council of Chapter Leaders
Council Chair: Jan Williams-Martinez
Council Vice-Chair: Sean Tucker
Council of Chapter Leaders Steering Committee
The Council of Chapter Leaders (CCL) Steering Committee provides high-level oversight of CLMA’s chapter structure, monitors chapter needs and supports the annual chapter meeting at KnowledgeLab. The CCL Steering Committee:
- Maintains availability to CLMA chapters and members for communication concerning resources, strategy advice, and chapter and member needs.
- Together with staff, develops the in-person CCL Summit at KnowledgeLab
- Enforces and supports chapter structure, including dissolutions.
- Solicits feedback through both structured and informal channels at the chapter level
- Reports back trends and needs from chapter feedback.
- Helps council members integrate chapter feedback to make recommendations for improvements to existing products and services which may result in the development of new or improved member benefits.