Advocacy News and Tools
CLMA Advocacy Statement
CLMA will advocate and influence public policy, opinion and resource allocation decisions within political, economic, social systems and institutions worldwide. CLMA will promote and enhance a professional and positive view of the clinical laboratory industry, the professionals working in that industry and those entities allied with it.
CLMA Advocacy Tools
CLMA has developed an Advocacy Toolkit with free materials for members to use in advocating for the profession. We encourage you to customize these tools based on your needs.
Visit the advocacy file library to view past CLMA advocacy successes and
resources for your own advocacy efforts.
Legislative, Compliance and Regulatory Committee (LCRC)
The LCRC monitors legislative, regulatory, compliance and reimbursement issues, and advocates on behalf of the CLMA members to national organizations, federal agencies, and regulators with their impact on the clinical laboratory and patient care.
- Monitors federal legislative, regulatory, compliance and reimbursement issues.
- Educates the members as to the interpretation and impact of existing legislation and regulation and any new proposals through, but not limited to, KnowledgeLab, Webinars, CLMA Publications, the CLMA website and CLMA member communications.
- Seeks input from members and comments on proposed legislation and regulation.
- Provides education and tools for CLMA members to engage in grassroots advocacy.
- Represents CLMA on the Pathology Coding Caucus (PCC) and maintains relationships with other applicable laboratory and healthcare coalitions and organizations.
- Represents CLMA at the ASCLS Annual Legislative Symposium and encourages attendance within the CLMA membership.
- Monitors the CLMA Strategic Plan objective on Advocacy and oversees implementation.
LCRC Active Response Team (ART)
To learn more about the ART, please click here.
Learn about CLMA's participation in the Legislative Symposium, held annually in Washington, D.C. and attended by laboratory professionals from across the United States, including students, educators, technologists and laboratory directors.
Medical Laboratory Professionals Week
Medical Laboratory Professionals (NMLP) Week is your week to be recognized and to celebrate your staff's outstanding performances and accomplishments! View CLMA activities from this year's Medical Laboratory Professionals Week here.