CLMA’s Body of Knowledge (BOK) gives credibility to our industry profession, legitimizes its value, and identifies the scope of practice.
CLMA is constantly evolving to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of members — laboratory professionals of all career levels. As an active member of CLMA, you’ll gain access to world-class professional development, industry information and quality networking; meet and interact with people from across the industry; and build the expertise that will sharpen your competitive edge.
Join now and learn first-hand how CLMA educates, advocates and motivates members to grow professionally. Members rely on CLMA to convey the most up-to-date industry information through valuable resources and benefits including:
Relationships and Networking
Chapters: More than 50 CLMA chapters allow you to earn continuing education credits and build your professional network in your own backyard.
- Member Directory: This Web-based resource provides on-demand access to nearly 3,000 laboratory professionals.
- In-Person Meetings: Local, regional and international events gather a diverse group of professionals to share insights and lessons learned.
- NEW! eCommunity Discussion Forum: Ask fellow laboratorions questions and post information on industry-specific topics. Be sure to share your questions, experiences and knowledge to help yourself and fellow laboratory managers grow.
Professional and Career Development
- KnowledgeLab: The Annual Conference and Exhibition provides unsurpassed education, idea sharing, networking and access to the latest technological products and services from the vendor community.
- Web-Based Education: CLMA’s audioLab and new Education on Demand sessions offer cutting-edge programming that you can choose according to your schedule and educational objectives.
- SMARTLab: Offered through CLMA chapters, SMARTLab workshops bring members case-based education in a half-day learning experience.
- Career Center: This online resource brings you targeted career opportunities. Whether you’re looking for a new position, or looking to hire the right candidate, CLMA connects you with the right resources at the right time.
- Clinical Leadership & Management Review: In its 24th year of publication, CLMR remains one of the most respected peer-reviewed journals in the industry.
- Laboratory Management: This membership newsletter highlights industry news and trends, and recognizes the CLMA members who make it happen.
- CLMA Industry Pulse: Members receive updates and hot-topics through this weekly e-newsletter. Access archives here.
Want Industy Pulse in the palm of your hand?
Download the CLMA Industy Pulse application for your Apple, Blackberry or Android smartphone at the MultiBriefs site.
- Advocacy Training: Participate in Capitol Hill visits – we’ll show you how it works – to help establish relationships with and educate the legislators who make decisions about our industry.
- Legislative and Regulatory Updates: CLMA alerts synthesize volumes of complex information into easily understandable briefs. You can also make your voice heard by responding to one of our Action Alerts.
Get Involved to Get the Most out of Your Membership
- Leadership: Realize your true leadership potential and create your own career-ladder by volunteering to serve on a CLMA committee, as a chapter officer or board member, or as a local advocacy representative.
- Publications: Contribute a manuscript to Clinical Leadership & Management Review, CLMA's quarterly peer-reviewed journal.
Not a CLMA member? Join today!